Forest Friends

10:14 AM

Forest Friends illustration for t-shirt contest
I know it's a futile effort sometimes to submit designs to Threadless (because it's so competitive and there's amazing designers out there) but the theme really sparked my imagination and decided to give it a go.

The theme is "Creatures of the Forest" and it's for Music for Relief. I liked the idea of a fox, a wolf and a squirrel hanging out/making music and sharing that with humanity. Love the retro style! Before I started sketching, I looked on Pinterest for a bunch of retro-style illustrations (both contemporary and from the 50's or earlier) and I added a lot of brush strokes and effects on Illustrator to make it look more organic. This was so much fun!

I'm not getting my hopes up, sometimes you just have to put work out there and do what calls to you and this was one of these instances. Hope you like it too!

- Gina




















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

INSTAGRAM IMAGES